Going into a new year always brings about new promises to yourself…resolutions, goals, or however you chose to frame it. For me – while I’ve gone away from setting “resolutions” that I’ll break in a week – there are a few things that I want to do MORE of this year that are easily attainable, with a little focus and balance throughout the year. I thought I would share my top 15 things that I’m committing to do more of. And instead of waiting til December 31st – I’ll make sure to check in from time to time to make sure I am on task. Here goes:
15 things to do more of in 2015: (in no particular order)
- Drink more water. Just because it’s good for you. I would love to drink at least 6-8 glasses a day. Join me?
- Take better care of myself. For me, that means working out at least 3-4 times a week. Whether it’s with my trainer, a yoga class or simply walking around the neighborhood. Either way, I need to have a moment of focus on my physical being with the intent of improving my health.
- Eat healthier. It kinda goes with 1 and 2. I just need to cut out some sugar. Drop the soda. Subsitute juicing for a meal a few times out of the week. All baby steps.
- More family dates. We started this in 2014 and I would like to do this once a month. Whether it’s fun time at the park, going to a show or just going out for ice cream. Even though we do things on the weekends with the kids – this would be a scheduled date with our family – once a month.
- Date night with the mister. Same theory as family dates…except this would be just him and I.
- Try a new restaurant once a month. This can coincide with date night with the mister. The restaurant scene in Miami is booming and I think we should take full advantage.
- Clutter free sessions. I usually do this but lately with two kids – its been tough. Clutter free sessions involve a bottle of wine…music…and cleaning out the house. Purpose of this? Helps keep the house organized. And 4 of these sessions throughout the year will keep your house clutter free! Schedule them around winter, spring, summer and fall. Its like spring cleaning four times a year.
- Church! I’ve been slacking!! And while I have a good excuse with two babies under two – I find time for other things. I should be able to figure out getting to church. It’s already been discussed with the mister and we are working on a master plan. Starting this Sunday. Bottom line – we have to keep our spiritual lives active and healthy. Which leads to my next to do…
- Pray. It’s hard, I know. But we were doing this well for some time and then of course, the babies threw us off. It’s always the babies fault. Regardless, we need to pray more…as a family. It’s time devoted for us to connect spiritually, and for us all to connect with the source of our strength. And we need him as close to us as possible…the more we talk to him, the more we will hear from him.
- Return calls. And text. This was hard for me when I was single with little responsibility. It’s even harder now. And those around me know I am TERRIBLE at this. So I can just promise to do better.
- Shop less. On line shopping has gotten the best of me the last few years. Between Amazon, Zulily, Gilt and more – it’s gotten outta hand. I need to stop. Or at least slow down.
- Organize my photos. Seems trivial but with two kids – I am constantly snapping pics on my phone. I need to print more photos to put around the house and not rely on instagram to be my life’s album. I also need to organize photos on my computer via iPhoto. I know I am not the only one.
- Read. It’s so hard…I don’t have time – and I have so many magazine subscriptions that just pile up in the corner of my room that I convince myself that I will get to. So many great books that I would love to dive into and not just purchase for my home library. Anyone has any suggestions on how to realistically manage this one?
- Blog more!!! I have this great vehicle to share my thoughts, experiences and journey. Sometimes I just don’t have the time…other times – I don’t feel like people really care what I have to say. Regardless, I would love to blog at least once a week and share my thoughts with the world.
- Celebrate life. I think I did that more this year than ever before…and I want to continue on this path. Life is to be celebrated. Birthdays, holidays, anniversary, great accomplishments, small victories…take a moment…soak it up…celebrate…and be thankful for it all!
Would love to know what you’ve recommitted yourself to for 2015…please share! Your thoughts will inspire others.
Here’s to getting it done…Happy New Year!